When is tax applied?
Tax is applied to an order in compliance with state laws. Applicable tax rates are determined by the shipping address of the order. This is calculated automatically by our system at checkout.
What states is PSBM collecting taxes in?
PSBM is required to collect taxes in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
More states will be added as required by law.
What if we’re tax exempt?
In accordance with state laws, PSBM will need to have your tax-exempt certificate on file before we are able to prevent taxes from calculating on your orders. Please follow the steps below to submit for tax exemption status:
- Create an account on PackagingSuppliesbymail. An account is required to receive tax exempt status.
- Log in and navigate to the My Account page.
- Click on the Manage Tax Exemption link.
- Submit your request by filling out the information and attaching your tax exemption certificate.
- Acceptable digital tax exemption certificate formats include .pdf .jpeg .png but .pdf is preferred. If submitting an image file, the text must be able to be viewed clearly or your request will be denied.
- Note that you must submit a valid tax exemption certificate. This certificate must contain your state issued number (Tax ID, Exemption number, etc.). W-9’s, letters from the IRS, business licenses are not valid forms to claim tax exemptions.
- Note that if PSBM is not required to collect taxes in your state, you will not be able to submit this request.
Once you submit your application, our team may take up to 2 business days to review. You will receive an email from our team notifying you if additional information is needed or if your account is approved. Once approved, you may need to log out and back into your account for the changes to take effect.